In the world of hair color, there are a variety of ways to achieve the results you want. One popular method is single process color application. This type of color treatment is perfect for those who want to add some tonality or depth to their hair without using lightener or more intense chemicals. Single process color treatment involves applying one color all over the head in order to achieve a uniform look. This can be done with a demi or permanent color in order to create a subtle, yet noticeable, change.
What is single process color treatment?
A single process color treatment is a type of hair coloring that uses one color throughout the entire head. Single process color is a great way to achieve a uniform look, cover grays, or add depth and shine back into the hair.
The benefits of single process color treatment
There are many benefits to single process color treatment, including:
1. It is a quick and easy way to change your hair color.
2. Perfect for gray coverage or blending.
3. It is a great way to experiment with different colors and find the perfect shade for you.
4. Single process color treatment is usually less expensive than other hair coloring options.
5. It is a quick service time, perfect for those who can not spend a lot of time in the salon.
How to choose a single process color treatment
If you're considering a single process color treatment, there are several things to keep in mind to ensure you choose the best option for you. First, think about your desired result. Do you want to cover gray hair, enhance or neutralize a tone, or change your overall look?
Grey Coverage - is typically done every 4-6 weeks. Uses a permanent color to deposit pigment into the hair to cover grays and add color back into the hair
Glossing / Toning - this service is typically done with a demi-permanent color. Results will last in the hair for up to 6 weeks depending on how well you maintain your color at home. Allows a slight level change in the hair that will gradually fade back out of the hair over time for a temporary change that will need to be maintained
Root Shadowing - This service can be done with either permanent or demi-permanent color. It is a great option for blending out old highlights or to create more depth in the root area while not making your color darker all over.
Finally, don't forget about maintenance. Be sure to ask your stylist how often you'll need to come in for touch-ups and whether there's anything you need to do at home to prolong the life of your color treatment. With these factors in mind, you can choose the best single process color treatment for you.
How to care for your hair after single process color treatment
After you've had a single process color treatment, it's important to take care of your hair to maintain the new color. Here are some tips on how to care for your hair after single process color treatment:
- Use a color-safe shampoo and conditioner: Color-safe shampoo and conditioner will help to prolong the life of your new color. Look for products that are specifically designed for colored hair.
- Avoid washing your hair too often: Washing your hair too often can strip away the color. Try to wash your hair every other day or every three days.
- Protect your hair from the sun: The sun can cause premature fading of your new color. Use a hat or scarf when you're outdoors, and use a UV protectant spray on your hair before spending time in the sun.
It can be difficult to estimate the costs of a new cut before sitting in the chair with a stylist. To start, gather some pictures of your current hair and some inspiration photos of the look you hope to achieve. Our Instagram has lots of great references!